WEBINAR. COVID-19: Impact on the claims industry
SPEAKERS: Andrew Sewell, UK Technical Director and Charlotte Harrison, Senior Business Development Manager
DATE: Wednesday 3 June 2020
TIME: 12:30 to 13:30
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in challenges in the claims handling space; teams are remote working, new types of claims are emerging from Claims Management Companies and customers are becoming more critical of the insurance industry and products they purchase. In this webinar Gallagher Bassett discuss the claims handling strategies adapted during this time and consider how MGAs can best protect themselves and their customers.
By the end of the session delegates will:
1. Understand the implication of the current pandemic on claims costs across the industry
2. Be aware of the new types of claims that are expected over the horizon
3. Understand why customer centricity is key for MGAs and how brand confidence can be protected through the claims handling process
4. Have learnt about beneficial claims management strategies
WEBINAR. Brokers’ Exposure to Professional Negligence Claims arising from the Coronavirus Pandemic – How to Support your Broker Network
SPEAKERS: Sam Moore, Robert Lloyd and Imran Benson
DATE: Thursday 11 June 2020
TIME: 10:30 to 11:30
This session will look at the steps that could help mitigate or reduce the prospect of professional negligence claims successfully being made against brokers as a result of the Coronavirus Pandemic. These are steps that could help mitigate brokers’ exposure to allegations including that: (a) the policyholder does not have the cover they required or thought they had; or (b) there has been a failure by a broker that has compromised the cover that would have been in place but for that failure.
A natural consequence of this objective being achieved could, in a number of cases, although not all of them, be to reduce the scope for claims against insurers. That is because the liability of the insurer and the broker is dependent upon the answer to the same question - what cover does a policy in fact provide?
The overarching learning objectives are:
1. Exploring the current context in which the insurance industry is operating and understanding the positions of the FCA, Lloyds and the Association of British Insurers.
2. Understanding the extent of Policy Coverage through a discussion of case law relating to policy coverage matters, including examples of how courts in Hong Kong have dealt with business interruption claims in light of the SARS epidemic.
3. Considering brokers’ obligations pre and post policy inception by reference to cases decided by the courts, whilst looking at causation / loss issues.
4. Understanding the practical steps that could be taken by MGAs to help their broker network comply with their obligations pre and post policy inception, including in relation to how they respond to claims.
MGAA Next Gen are pleased to host this Webinar - LinkedIn: A look at how to make the most of your profile
SPEAKER: Keith Lewis, Social Media Manager, Zurich UK
DATE: Tuesday 30 June 2020
TIME: 12:00 - 13:00
Social media has become an essential part for businesses and individuals throughout all professions. It can be an incredibly powerful outlet to share ideas, promote products and to connect to like-minded people. However like everything there are pitfalls and challenges in getting the most out of your profile and making it work for you. This webinar, brought to you by Keith Lewis who will explore LinkedIn as a platform, how to use it in line with your business’ strategy, how to create an engaging profile and the types of content that tend to resonate with people.
By the end of the session, delegates will be able to:
1. Understand Linkedin as a platform and the recent trends of how the platform is used
2. Look at how governance takes a central role in the use of LinkedIn
3. Learn how to build an engaging profile page which makes maximum impact on your audience
4. Appreciate what content is the most impactful and what to share with your connections