Conference and Sponsorship Committee
Responsibilities of the Committee:
- Provide strategic guidance and recommendations regarding the Association’s annual conference, including location, panellists and speakers
- Review and make recommendations of the existing sponsorship income, and where applicable identify potential new sponsors.
- Provide guidance to the Association on attending the BIBA annual conference & exhibition and to identify potential MGA partners to share the MGAA stand
- Provide strategic guidance in relation to regional events where MGA members will be able to meet regional insurance brokers and intermediaries.
- Define and review the sponsorship package, including benefits, with all annual sponsors. And build a close working relationship with regular meetings/consultations throughout their term of sponsorship.
- Provide guidance and recommend options for the Association’s social event
- Review event specific sponsorship to ensure that these would not clash with the annual sponsor but could provide additional resources for the Association;
- Liaising with the Executive & Finance Committee in monitoring the potential tax implication in the event that the total income exceeds the VAT threshold
- Such other duties as may from time-to-time be assigned to the Committee by the board